THE AMERICAN RESEARCH CENTER IN EGYPT, INC. (ARCE)
64th ANNUAL MEETING
Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel
April 19 - 21, 2013
CALL FOR PAPERS
THE DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS JANUARY 4, 2013.
PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOU READ ALL INFORMATION LISTED BELOW FOR THE 2013 ARCE ANNUAL MEETING BEFORE LOGGING ON AND PROCEEDING WITH YOUR ABSTRACT SUBMITTAL:
ARCE members who wish to present papers or full panels at the 2013 Annual Meeting of ARCE at the Hilton Netherland Plaza Hotel in Cincinnati should submit abstracts to the Review Committee electronically via this site no later than January 4, 2013. The Review Committee will be comprised of scholars in both ancient and modern Egyptian studies. Submissions are encouraged in the areas of:
- Ancient Egypt: Art, Archaeology, History, Literature, Philology, Religion
- Coptic Studies
- Medieval to Ottoman Egypt
- Modern Egyptian Culture and Society
- Museum Studies
- ARCE Programs
- All submitters must be members of ARCE, in good standing. If you are unsure as to the status of your ARCE membership, please contact email@example.com or call 210-821-7000.
- Submitted abstracts must not exceed 250 words.
- Submissions must be received by midnight (12:00AM, PST) January 4, 2013 - no late entries will be considered.
- All submissions will be vetted by the Review Committee.
- Submitters will be notified, via email, by the Committee regarding the acceptance or rejection of their abstract by February 1, 2013.
- All presenters must pre-register for the 2013 Annual Meeting by February 15, 2013; registration information can be found on ARCE’s website, www.arce.org/annualmeeting. Failure to register by the February 15th date will result in removing your paper or panel from the program.
- No individual may present more than one paper or panel.
- Co-authors and co-presenters must be defined when submitting your abstract.
- All submissions must be in English.
Priority will be given to professionals and advanced students. When submitting your abstract, please be aware that the program for paper and panel presentations for ARCE's 2013 Annual Meeting will begin Friday, April 19th at 8:30am and will conclude on Sunday, April 21st at 1:00pm. If your paper is accepted, you may be scheduled at any point during the program. No requests for presenting on a specific day will be granted, except to those with religious reasons. A request for such must be submitted in the Special Requests section of your submission.
Beginning January 5, 2013, you will not be able to access your specific abstract information. However, you will still have access to your contact information via this site.
If this is your first visit to this year's abstract submission you DO NOT have a user account, and you will need to create a new user account - regardless of whether you used the site last year, or not. Click Create a New Account above. You will receive an automatically generated email from All Academic confirming your account. Once you have created a user account you can access the site through the user login above.
FORGOT PASSWORD? If you have created an account for the current year's submission process and have forgotten your username or password, click the link below to have your login information emailed to you.
Click here to retrieve your password or user name.