The Ninth Annual Midyear Forensic Accounting Conference will be held March 2-3, 2018, at the Wyndham Dallas Suites – Park Central in Dallas, Texas. Our conference will consist of concurrent sessions dealing with a wide variety of fraud, forensic, and investigative accounting topics, panel discussions, case work, and other scholarly activity.
The submission deadline for papers, teaching cases, panel proposals, and class materials is
11:59 pm EST on Monday, November 27, 2017. has been extended to 11:59 pm EST on Monday, December 18, 2017.
Please click HERE to access the submissions system using your AAA member ID and password. If you have forgotten your AAA member ID/password, click here to retrieve them. If you do not have an AAA member ID/password, please click here to obtain AAA login credentials. Then create an account in this system, using your AAA login credentials. If you have difficulty logging in, please contact Suzanne Mullinnix for assistance.
Please consider supporting our Forensic Accounting Section by volunteering as a reviewer and/or moderator. You may do this by logging in to the submissions system using the same AAA member ID/password you use to register for the meeting. Enter you credentials under “Login Here” and click “Go”. On the next page, click on “Volunteer Opportunities” under the “Submitter Menu”, and follow the prompts. If you have forgotten your ID/password, click here to retrieve them.
If you are willing to volunteer and would prefer our paper chair to activate your volunteer role in the submissions system, please email Meghann Cefaratti directly and she will be happy to designate you as a volunteer in the system.
As you consider volunteering as a reviewer, please also consider attending the concurrent session in which the paper is presented. Your feedback both during the review process and the presentation is a valuable contribution to the research efforts of our Forensic Accounting Section members.
Please consider submitting to the conference any of the following:
- Research Papers. (empirical, behavioral, pedagogical, etc.) that deal with topics relevant to fraud, forensics, or investigative accounting.
- Teaching Cases. in fraud, forensics, or investigative accounting. These papers will either be included in our "hands-on" sessions in which you will lead participants through the case as if they were students in your class or will be included in a poster session.
- Class Materials. We will also have a forum for class materials where you can share unique projects you do in your class that you are willing to share with others.
- Research in Progress. We will have a research in progress session where individuals can present research proposals, pilot studies, or other unfinished projects. If you are looking for feedback on your project this is the place to present your idea. Submit a proposal and outline for consideration.
- Panel Discussions. If you have a relevant idea for a panel discussion and are willing to find and organize the participants, please submit a short write-up of your idea and send via email to Meghann Cefaratti.
- Video. If you have created an original video, or use video in your forensic accounting class and can share your approach, please submit a write-up and link to your video (if possible). Video submissions should be sent via email to Meghann Cefaratti. The deadline for video submissions
is 11:59 pm EST on Monday, November 27, 2017. has been extended to 11:59 pm EST on Monday, December 18, 2017.
We strongly encourage Ph.D. Students and their advisors to submit work in progress to consider for presentation or the forum. If you are a Ph.D. student (or advisor), please include this information in the field labeled "Additional Information I do not know" on the submission form.
Research papers include the requirement to submit just one file in PDF format. Each submission will be blind-reviewed, so the file should NOT contain any author identification information. Teaching cases should be in a format similar to that used in Issues in Accounting Education. Please indicate if the submission has been published or accepted for publication.