Join us in Little Rock at the beautiful and very accessible Little Rock Marriott!
What may I submit?
Papers, Poster Sessions, & Panel Discussions
(topics with academic, practitioner, or pedagogical focus)
When is it due?
30 September 2016 Extended to October 15th!
Who can submit?
AAA members, faculty, practitioners, doctoral/masters/undergraduate students
Are awards given?
McGraw-Hill Irwin Distinguished Paper, Best Teaching & Learning Manuscript, Best Doctoral Student Paper [Students must self identify when submitting], etc.
All paper and poster submissions will be blind peer-reviewed. Papers submitted to a regional meeting may have been submitted to the American Accounting Association national meeting or midyear sectional meetings, but must NOT have been published elsewhere before our regional meeting. Papers may have an academic, practitioner or pedagogical focus. Student papers (doctoral, masters and undergraduate) are especially encouraged.
Paper Guidelines: Papers submitted to a regional meeting may have been submitted to the American Accounting Association national meeting or midyear sectional meetings, but must NOT have been published elsewhere before our regional meeting. Papers may have an academic, practitioner or pedagogical focus. Student papers (doctoral, masters and undergraduate) are especially encouraged.
- Papers must be completed.
- Prepare one document for upload (combining files if necessary). There will be a field for your abstract (up to 150 words). NOTE: The abstract (all or part) will be used in the program if your paper is accepted.
- Do not include any author name(s) or contact information in the uploaded document.
- The uploaded document must be double-spaced, in 12-point font, with 1" margins (all sides).
- Log into this AAA Southwest Region 2017 Submissions Portal.
- Click "Submit or Edit an Item," choose the type of submission you wish to make, and follow the instructions within the submission form.
- Authors of completed papers may choose whether to publish an abstract, or both the paper and abstract (no more than 10 pages in length, single-spaced, 12 point font), in the meeting proceedings by selecting the appropriate option in the submission form's "License Agreement."
- AWARDS: Plans are to recognize "Best Student Paper" at each level (doctoral, masters, undergraduate). If you are interested in having your paper considered for a student paper award, you must indicate if you are a Doctoral, Masters or Undergraduate Student under "Additional Information" in the online submission form. To be considered for this award, the paper CANNOT be co-authored by a faculty member or non-student.
Poster Session Submission for Effective Learning Strategies (ELS):
Submissions are encouraged for poster sessions on ELS topics. Poster display sizes and display space will be determined at a later date and presenters will be notified directly of those specifications. To submit an ELS poster session, log into AAA Southwest Region 2017 Submissions Portal. Click "Submit or Edit an Item," select "Poster," and follow the instructions within the submission form.
To submit proposals for ELS poster presentations:
MARKETING DESCRIPTION (up to 40 words)
- Enter the following in the field labeled "Abstract":
DESCRIPTION (up to 200 words)
- 1st paragraph – "Learning Outcomes" — What will participants learn from your poster session?
- Other paragraphs – Describe the idea, resource, teaching strategy, or education innovation that supports learning in accounting including the key issues and concepts that will be addressed.
"Sell" your poster presentation to a prospective attendee. What is the essence of the ELS Poster Session? What will the audience learn? This is your chance to market your best practice, so try to make the description appealing, but not misleading.
- Do not include any submitter name(s) or contact information in the text of your descriptions.
Workshop or Panel Discussion Submission:
Description (up to 300 words) — If you have an idea for a panel discussion and want to moderate that panel, submit your proposed topic, panel members, and brief description in the field labeled "Abstract." Log into the AAA Southwest Region 2017 Submissions Portal.
Click "Submit or Edit an Item," select "Workshop" or "Panel," and follow the instructions within the submission form. NOTE: Please, be certain to indicate the names, titles, and employers of participants you are proposing.
Call For Volunteers
If you are interested in serving the Southwest by reviewing manuscripts, being a moderator or discussant for the Southwest Regional Meeting, please follow these steps:
- Log into the AAA Southwest Region 2016 Submissions Portal.
- Click on "Volunteer Opportunities."
- Select your "Position" and click "Accept and Continue."
- Then select the role(s) you would like to volunteer for in the various categories. When finished, click "Accept and Continue."