About the AERA 2015 Annual Meeting
Dates, Location, and Headquarter Hotels
Join more than 14,000 of your colleagues Thursday, April 16 – Monday, April 20 in Chicago, IL. The preconference events will take place on Wednesday, April 15, and the morning of Thursday, April 16.
For the 2015 Annual Meeting sessions will be held at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, Hyatt Regency Chicago, Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers, Swissotel Chicago, and Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park. Intercontinental is the NCME headquarter hotel.
Registration will be located at the Sheraton, in the Chicago Ballroom, on the Ballroom level of the hotel. The Information Desk will also be located in the Chicago Ballroom, The Headquarters Office will be located at the Sheraton, in the Ohio room, on the second level of the hotel.
On-Site Registration Hours
Sheraton, Ballroom Level, Chicago Ballroom
Wednesday, April 15 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 16 – Sunday, April 19 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Monday, April 20 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Exhibit Hall Hours
Sheraton, First Level, River Exhibition Hall
Friday, April 17 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 18 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 19 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
About the 2015 Program:
The 2015 AERA Annual Meeting offers a robust program of Presidential and AERA sessions; division and SIG paper/symposium, roundtable, and poster sessions; and professional development courses, as well as off-site visits and tours.
Don’t miss these highlights:
- Opening Plenary and Opening Reception, Thursday, April 16, 4:05 -5:35 p.m., and Reception 5:35 -6:30 p.m.
- AERA Awards Luncheon, Saturday, April 18, 12:25 p.m. – 2:25 p.m. – the Annual AERA Awards Luncheon recognizes excellence in education research and offers an opportunity to celebrate the field
- AERA Presidential Address, Saturday, April 18, 4:35 p.m. – 5:35 p.m., followed by a champagne toast
- Exhibit Hall - Visit our exhibitors to learn about new research tools and resources. Enter for a chance to win a daily iPad and a grand prize of a trip to the 2016 Centennial Annual Meeting in Washington DC (registration, hotel, and air fare included)
- Professional Development Courses – Take advantage of extended full day (offered Wednesday, April 15) and mini half day (offered Friday – Sunday) courses for extensive training in specific research methods and skills
- Off-site Visits and Tours – Enhance your Meeting experience with an off-site visit to a school or a cultural tour of Chicago