Westin Alexandria, Old Town Alexandria, Virginia
April 12 – 14, 2019
CALL FOR PAPERS
ARCE members who wish to present at the 2019 Annual Meeting in Alexandria, Virginia, should submit abstracts to the review committee no later than January 11, 2019. This year, ARCE will accept abstracts for four categories:
- Paper Presentations: Authors of selected abstracts will be scheduled during the conference to deliver a 20-minute oral presentation.
- Poster Submissions: Authors of selected abstracts will be scheduled to display their research as a poster for the duration of the conference.
- Best Student Paper Contest: The ARCE Chapter Council sponsors the Best Student Paper Contest, open to doctoral candidates who have completed a minimum of two full years of graduate study
- Graduate Student Poster Contest: The ARCE Chapter Council sponsors the annual Graduate Student Poster Contest, open to all graduate students.
The review committee is comprised of scholars in both ancient and modern Egyptian studies who will conduct a double-blind review of submissions in the following categories:
- Ancient Egypt
- Archaeology: includes archaeological sciences, bioarchaeology and field reports
- Language and literature: includes philology and text studies
- Art and artifacts: includes art, art History, museum collections and objects
- Ancient Nubia
- Conservation: includes project reports, techniques and training
- Historic and Modern Studies
- Coptic Studies
- Medieval to Ottoman Egypt
- Modern Egyptian Culture and Society
- History of Egyptology
- Technological Advents/Advances
For more information about submission and presentation guidelines, please see the full Call for Papers.