Toronto Hilton, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
April 3 – 5, 2020
ARCE members who wish to present at the 2020 Annual Meeting in Toronto, Canada, should submit abstracts to the review committee no later than January 7, 2020.
A double-blind vetting process will be employed; neither reviewers nor submitters will be informed of one another’s identities. Abstracts should provide a brief overview of the topic, clearly state the research goals and note the impact of the work in the relevant area of study. (Results should be relayed during the presentation itself - as appropriate - not necessarily in the abstract.) In order to preserve the blind review component, text of abstracts should not include personally identifiable information.
The review committee is comprised of scholars in both ancient and modern Egyptian studies who will review submissions in the following categories:
- Ancient Egypt
- Archaeology: includes archaeological sciences, bioarchaeology and field reports
- Language and literature: includes philology and text studies
- Art and artifacts: includes art, art History, museum collections and objects
- Ancient Nubia
- Conservation: includes project reports, techniques and training
- Historic and Modern Studies
- Coptic Studies
- Medieval to Ottoman Egypt
- Modern Egyptian Culture and Society
- History of Egyptology
- Technological Advents/Advances
All submitters must be members of ARCE in good standing. Membership status can be confirmed by contacting ARCE at email@example.com.
Abstracts must not exceed 250 words.
Submitters will be notified via email regarding the acceptance, waitlist or rejection of their abstract by mid-February, 2020.
All presenters must provide their own funding to attend the Annual Meeting.
All presenters should register for the Annual Meeting by February 22, 2020. Failure to register by February 22 will result in removal from the program.
For more information about submission and presentation guidelines, please see the full Call for Papers.