Browse By Day
Browse By Time
Browse By Person
Browse By Room
Browse By Committee or SIG
Browse By Session Type
Browse By Keywords
Browse By Geographic Descriptor
Session Submission Type: Special Session
Part of the CIES RESPONDS series of events, this workshop is designed to train conference attendees:
* To engage in conversation about how we can find common ground and work across differences, locally and globally.
* To discuss ways to resist threats to democracy, locally and globally.
* To learn from what others are doing, locally and globally.
* To recognize, understand and respect the challenges/constraints facing marginalized groups, locally and globally
* To develop effective strategies in working together and cohesively to support democracy, locally and globally.
This session will feature a conversation with Rev. Jennifer Bailey of “Faith Matters” and “100 Days, 100 Dinners” (https://www.100days100dinners.us) who will speak via Skype on building relationships across difference in order to work in common cause. Her focus is on interfaith dialogue and those voices that are “pushed to the margins of religious narratives” (http://www.faithmattersnetwork.org/aboutus/)
Jamie Kowalczyk, Concordia University Chicago
Maria I Khan, State University of New York at Albany
Marianne Larsen, Western University