The International Leadership Association calls for contributors to submit courageous proposals to its 21st Annual Global Conference to be held in Ottawa, Canada, 24-27 October 2019. The ILA invites you to propose panels, presentations, poster sessions, roundtables, symposia, and workshops, that are interdisciplinary, that are multi-sector, that transcend national and cultural barriers, that explore new theories and innovative practices, and that consider knowledge and traditions from other disciplines and groups.
Join us for this important dialogue. Submit your proposals by 1 February 2019 to further our understanding and support of Leadership: Courage Required.
Read the complete Call for Proposals (CFP) at http://www.ila-net.org/2019Global/.
To submit your proposal:
1) Log in to the Call for Proposals (CFP) site with your ILA user name and password.
- Use the tools in the “Can’t remember?” box if you have forgotten your user name and/or password. Please do not create a new profile.
- If you are new to ILA and do not have an ILA user name or password, please create a profile at https://ila.memberclicks.net/create-an-account#/.
2) Click on the “Submit or Edit a Proposal” link in the Submitter Menu.
3) Click on “Submit A New Proposal”.
4) Select your proposal type.
5) Complete the required fields on page 1 of the submission form, and then click on the “Accept and Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
6) Add participants on page 2 of the submission form, and then click on the “Accept and Continue” button. (Note for symposium submissions: click on “Add a Paper” to enter information about each presentation within the symposium.)
7) Review your submission information. If you are submitting a paper, the link to upload your paper will appear here. Click on the “Accept and Continue” button.
8) Your proposal has been submitted! The submission confirmation screen will appear, and a confirmation email will be sent to the primary email address in your ILA profile.
To edit your proposal before the submission deadline:
1) Log in to the Call for Proposals (CFP) site (https://convention2.allacademic.com/one/ila/ila19/ )with your ILA user name and password.
2) Click on the “Submit or Edit a Proposal” link in the Submitter Menu.
3) Select the “Submissions” tab to view all submitted proposals.
4) Click on the “edit” link to the far right of the proposal title.
5) Use the green edit links to update your proposal information.
6) Click on “Accept and Continue” on the bottom of every page until you are returned to the Main Menu. NOTE: If you exit the proposal without clicking on all the “Accept and Continue” buttons, your changes will not be saved.
Tips for Submitting
Below you'll find tips for making the submission process a smooth one.
- The online submission system will timeout after 60 minutes if you stay on the same page. If you time out of the session and have not finished submitting your proposal, you will lose everything and have to start over. A proposal is not saved until it is completely submitted.
- While you can refresh your session by clicking on the timer in the gray header at the top of every page, we highly recommend that you have everything ready before you begin to enter your submission. Create and save your submission (title, short 60-word description, abstract, paper, and references, if applicable) in a word-processing program and then cut and paste it into the online system. This will save you valuable time and effort – and ensure that you do not lose your proposal through the automatic timeout system.
- First, check to see if all the people you want to include in your submission are already part of the ILA by clicking here and typing in their email address. If they are not in the system, you (or they) will need to add their name, title, organization and email address. (Creating an ILA profile is not the same as becoming an ILA member and membership is not a requirement.) NOTE: it takes an hour for the ILA database and the CFP systems to sync, so it’s best to add new people before you begin to submit your proposal.
- Carefully review the evaluation criteria and all submission requirements and guidelines before writing and submitting your proposal. Submissions that do not follow the guidelines will not be reviewed.
- IMPORTANT: The review process for ALL submissions is a double-blind peer-reviewed process. Do not include any author-identifying information in your proposal title, short description, detailed abstract, or uploaded papers. Submissions that include author-identifying information may be subject to immediate rejection. Participant information is entered in separate fields that will be hidden during the blind review. Accepted proposals will have the opportunity to revise and include identifying information at a later date.
- The proposal system only allows for plain text to be entered into text boxes. Therefore, all formatted text (font sizes, colors, bolding, italics, etc.) will appear as plain text. Please do not include tables, graphics, photos, etc. These items and formatted text may be included in uploaded papers.
- Please follow the ILA Style Guide (pdf) when writing your program book title and short description. This four-page document covers the most common style issues such as serial commas, capitalization, and includes Handy Tips for composing great titles and descriptions. If it's not covered in the style guide, we prefer AP for its readability and APA for references and citations.
- Remember, nothing is saved until it is completely submitted. Be sure to click on the "Accept and Continue" button at the bottom of each page until you reach the confirmation page. Proposals will not save to the system if you exit before reaching the confirmation page. When a proposal is successfully submitted, the system will display a confirmation page and will send a confirmation message to the email address in your ILA profile.
- You can edit your proposal until the 1 February 2019 submission deadline. Log in with your ILA credentials, click on "Submit or Edit a Proposal" on the Submitter Menu, then click on the "edit" link next to the title of the proposal. To save all of your changes, click on the "Accept and Continue" button at the bottom of each page until you are returned to the Main Menu page. If you exit the proposal without clicking on all the “Accept and Continue” buttons, your edits will not be saved.
Important Dates and Deadlines
01 February 2019: Deadline for submissions
16 February – 10 March 2019: Review period
10 March – 09 May 2019: Reviews and proposals are evaluated; proposals are accepted and rejected; sessions are created.
15 April 2019: Conference registration opens.
10 May 2019: Status notifications are emailed; reviewers’ ratings and comments are available; presentation information may be edited.
01 June 2019: Deadline for editing program book information and updating your name, professional title, department, and organization in your ILA profile.
10 June 2019: Deadline for Presenters, Chairs, and Commentators to register for the conference.
01 July 2019: Scheduling information emailed.
01 October 2019: Logistics and preparation tips emailed; supplemental materials/handouts can be uploaded.
24-27 October 2019: ILA’s 21st Annual Global Conference in Ottawa, Canada
Questions? Contact ILA2019Global@ila-net.org